As my freshman year looms closer, I decided to make a bucket list. I was inspired by posts of making bucket lists to accomplish and outline what I want to get out of my first year in college. I never made one for high school and as a visual person, I feel like I don’t have a memory of expectations. I don’t have the HSM inspired list of things to accomplish.
So, college is a fresh start to make one! These are in no particular order. Those in italics were completed. I’ll update the list so, check back!
- Join clubs
- Maintain a lifelong friendship [in progress]
- Be a club officer
- Be the president of a club
- Maintain a relationship with a friend out of the country
- Sign up for a class that has nothing to do with my major
- Participate in school traditions
- Use my ID for discounts
- Go to the farmer’s market
- Write for the campus publication
- Photograph and get involved creatively on campus
- Be active in the gym
- Do a workout class with a friend
- Study abroad
- Watch the sunrise/sunset
- Befriend a college professor
- Avoid the freshman 15
- Go on a road trip
- Make the Dean’s List
- Get an on-campus job
- Get an internship/practicum
- Become a student leader
- Explore the city area with a friend
- Attend at least two different sport events
- Have a movie night with friends
- Have a game night with friends
What would you add to your list?
Some parts of my list were inspired by websites such as those linked below.